Read Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser Free Online


Ebook Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser read! Book Title: Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens
The author of the book: Antonia Fraser
Language: English
ISBN: 0297794868
ISBN 13: 9780297794868
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 624 KB
Edition: George Weidenfeld & Nicholson
Date of issue: January 1st 1988

Read full description of the books Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens:

I finished this book and exhaled loudly while screaming FINALLY! Finally it is over. I am stubborn and when I hit the halfway point, I refused to quit. But, good God, this book is dry. And long. My brain felt like a glazed donut when I read more than 30 pages in a sitting. Maybe I am just not bright enough to appreciate it.

But I'm giving it three stars for a few reasons: 1) I now know about Caterina Sforza taunting soldiers who were about to kill her children by lifting her skirt to show her pregnancy and saying, "You fools! Don't you know that I can make more?" Brilliant. My life is forever richer; 2) Queen Nzinga. Enough said; 3) A few choice anecdotes about the remaining queens that I couldn't help but read aloud to anyone within earshot. One star for each spark of joy.

Complaints: 1) Focuses way too briefly on non-European queens; drags and drags when it comes to European queens; 2) Dry. So dry. Engaging history is all about creating narrative out of facts and tidbits. Fraser is good at this 15% of the time, and awful the other 85%; 3) Though her analysis was sharp, naming the facets of historical queendom "syndromes" (e.g. Appendage Syndrome) makes them sound like diseases.

I still can't believe I am done reading this book. I thought it would never, ever end.

Read Ebooks by Antonia Fraser



Read information about the author

Ebook Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens read Online! Antonia Fraser is the author of many widely acclaimed historical works, including the biographies Mary, Queen of Scots (a 40th anniversary edition was published in May 2009), Cromwell: Our Chief of Men, King Charles II and The Gunpowder Plot (CWA Non-Fiction Gold Dagger; St Louis Literary Award). She has written five highly praised books which focus on women in history, The Weaker Vessel: Women's Lot in Seventeenth Century Britain (Wolfson Award for History, 1984), The Warrior Queens: Boadecia's Chariot, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Marie Antoinette: The Journey (Franco-British Literary Prize 2001), which was made into a film by Sofia Coppola in 2006 and most recently Love and Louis XIV: The Women in the Life of the Sun King. She was awarded the Norton Medlicott Medal by the Historical Association in 2000. Antonia Fraser was made DBE in 2011 for her services to literature. Her most recent book is Must You Go?, celebrating her life with Harold Pinter, who died on Christmas Eve 2008. She lives in London.



Ebooks PDF Epub



Add a comment to Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens




Read EBOOK Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser Online free

Download PDF: boadiceas-chariot-the-warrior-queens.pdf Boadicea's Chariot: The Warrior Queens PDF